Our youngest library customers love to watch the goldfish and Jack Sparrow in the fishtank. Thanks to our Friends group we have this whimsical scene of adventurous pirates and sea creatures. I was on an adventure using Flickr for Thing #4 today. It's an amazing tool, and can contribute to a lot of distractions and wasted hours. Oh well, that's okay since this is all about learning, right?I enjoyed the Common Craft video. I think their presentation style is very clever and I like the irony of it--very simple with paper cutouts and markers to present a high-tech concept!
I don't plan on storing many photos of my own on Flickr mainly because I don't take many photographs. I never have and I don't like carrying a camera around. But I do have friends who use Flicker so I'm glad that I've explored it and that I know how to search for their photos. And I guess I could use it to store photos that friends and family send to me. Yeah, that's what I'll do. It really is pretty easy to create an account and to upload photos, and for sorting and storing photos it seems great. I do cringe at the fact that all these photos are so public though. I still get nervous even though there is the privacy setting. Are there really any guarantees of privacy for anything that's posted on the web? I don't know.
No comments:
Post a Comment